I am a graduate student at American University. My passion is politics and I hope to use my skills in reporting to report on the U.S. political landscape.
National Public Radio, Washington, D.C., Executive Producer of Intern Edition 01/11 – Present
- Manage all staff and production of Intern Edition, a NPR web and audio program for interns.
- Producing and reporting audio wraps and conducting live radio interviews on deadline using Dalet.
United States Senate, Senator Harry Reid, Washington, D.C., Intern 06/09 – 08/09
- Researched legislative policy and wrote policy papers on immigration reform, Guantanamo Bay policy, welfare statistics and healthcare reform.
WCVB Channel 5, Boston, MA, Intern 01/09 – 06/09
- Assisted anchors, reporters and producers in research and writing of stories and breaking news
- Researched and edited tape for nightly broadcast, while writing readers and VOSOTS for 11pm news
KVBC Channel 3, Las Vegas, NV, Intern 05/08 – 08/08
- Prepared scripts and assisted in research and on-camera work with anchors and reporters
- Worked in the field with reporters and pitched stories during daily morning meetings
RELEVANT PROJECTS AND CLASSES
American Observer, Washington, D.C., Managing Editor and Writer 06/10 – Present
- Plan weekly publication and organize special projects like the live election coverage
- Act as Managing Editor during top period of top web traffic, consistently 1,000 unique viewers
- Work with video using Final Cut Pro and planned broadcast using ENPS.
Online News Association, Washington, D.C., Fundraising Director 06/10 – Present
- Work with ONA students to raise money for activities, including speaking engagements and discussions
The Bentley Vanguard, Waltham, MA, Managing and News Editor 08/06 – 06/10
- Directed and mentored eight columnists and 20 reporters for the official student newsletter
Project Haiti, Waltham, MA, Founder and Committee Member 01/10 – 06/10
- Worked with community to coordinate the Bentley University fundraising response to the earth quake in Haiti, using our strategic communication plan to raise $35,000 in three months
American University, Washington, DC August 2011
Masters in Journalism and Public Affairs, GPA 3.75
Honors: Ed Bliss Award Recipient, Merit Scholar
Bentley University, Waltham, MA May 2010
Bachelor of Arts, Global Studies, GPA 3.62
Honors: Arts and Science Student of the Year, President’s List, Dean’s List
Education Abroad: University of Nantes, France & Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology
Video: Final Cut Pro, Shooting Video, In-field editing, ENPS, Avid, iNews
Online: HTML, PHP, CSS, Flash, Soundslides, Drupal, WordPress